The Application peroid for the microenterprise grant is now closed
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, APRIL 19, 2022 at 4:00 PM, due to the overwhelming number of
Applications received since the program was launched on march 21st and the limited
budget of $300,000.
The City of Portland's Microenterprise Grant Program is targeted to businesses, existing and new, that have been or are being impacted by the pandemic. The entity must have seven (7) or fewer employees (including the owner), and the business owner(s) must be low/moderate income (see table below). This program is also open to non-profits with annual operating budgets of $150,000 or less. City Microenterprise grants can only be used for items not already paid for by other governmental or private grants or loans.
- 0-7 Employees
- Business owner must be low/moderate income;
- Non-profits must have annual operating budgets of $150,000 or less
New Microenterprise Grant Applicants (have never received a Microenterprise Grant)
- Maximum grant of $7,500 per microenterprise that operates out of leased commercial space (costing at least $500/month)
- Maximum grant of $3,500 per microenterprise that is home-based or leases commercial space that is less than $500/month.
Previous Microenterprise Grant Recipients
- Maximum grant of $2,500 if previously received $5,000 grant;
- Maximum grant of $5,000 if previously received $2,500 grant and operates out of leased commercial space (costing at least $500/month);
- Maximum grant of $1,000 if previously received $2,500 grant as a home-based business or leases commercial space that is less than $500/month
WHAT WILL I NEED TO APPLY?
Some of the documentation you will need to submit:
- Personal financial statement from all owners of the business with 20% ownership or greater (for loans)
- 2020 and 2021 business tax returns.
- Current Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss (within the past 90 days)
- Copy of signed Lease, if applicable.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Applications are on google forms. You must log into a google account to fill out the form. If you do not have a google account you can create one HERE.
- If you are unable to access an application or have questions, please contact NRH@portlandmaine.gov